Monday, August 25, 2003

From Orange to Lumberton

I've been transferred from Orange to the new store in Lumberton, which is scheduled to open on Friday. This week I'm working long hours getting the store ready.

The good news is that this new Walgreens is only about 10 minutes from home, so my commute time and gas consumption will be greatly reduced. It's located across the street from the Lumberton Police Department, at an intersection that it shares with a gas station and Katfish Kitchen (an example of fine local dining and poor local spelling). There's also a Dairy Queen there...it wouldn't be Texas if there wasn't a Dairy Queen somewhere.

The new store is closer to home, but I have mixed feelings about the transfer. I was happy working in Orange. It was a long commute, but Mr. Price was a fair boss and we had a good crew. Now I am again venturing into the unknown, and my working conditions are unlikely to improve. I'll probably end up working more hours and get fewer days off. At least it's a more convenient location and will save me several hours of driving per week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home