Saturday, January 12, 2013

Broad-tailed Hummingbird!

This morning I was taking flower pictures along our driveway - one of our azaleas has started to bloom a couple of months earlier than usual. It was drizzling and humid and about 70 degrees, which is more or less typical January weather in Southeast Texas. Heard a Red-breasted Nuthatch calling somewhere in a neighbor's yard. That's a bird we don't get here most winters. Went back into the house, and looking out the kitchen window I noticed a bird perched at one of our hummingbird feeders.  Turned out to be a Broad-tailed Hummingbird. Yee-haw!!!  In ten years of living here I've only had Broad-tailed once before (this month is the ten year anniversary of my move from California to Texas). Here are a couple of pictures of what is so far my best yard bird of 2013:
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home