Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Got the Blues, Also A Bad Bitey Dog

This morning I looked out the bedroom window and saw what appeared to be a smallish egret fly across the pond and disappear from view. We often see a Great Egret there, but this was something else, possibly a Snowy Egret. I went to investigate. As I approached the pond I flushed a Great Blue Heron. Then I saw the bird that I suspected to be a Snowy Egret. It was an immature Little Blue Heron. I've often seen Little Blues flying over my yard, but this is the first time I've seen one at the pond.

Pipa, my diminutive quadrupedal friend, has been very bad. Pipa is a Lhasa Apso, which is a particularly temperamental breed of lapdog. Lately he has been a bit bitey, and today he actually bit Michelle. The little bastard always growls at me, but not Michelle - absolutely loves her. Which makes this shocking act of senseless violence all the more shocking and senseless. Pipa has been punished and is now under house arrest. Hopefully he will see the error of his vicious ways.Here he is. Evil incarnate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home