Sunday, August 26, 2007

God Made Man, But a Monkey Supplied the Glue

I quit my job.

I've put in my two weeks notice, and as of September 1st I'll be free. The time seemed right. Actually I'm amazed that I lasted six years with this company. Michelle and I have known for quite a while that I would have to change jobs. There has to be some balance between work and personal life, and that balance has been nonexistent. I don't think it'll take me long to find a job that's more "family friendly." I'd probably already have one lined up, but between caring for the twins and the excessive overtime my present job demands I haven't had much opportunity for job-hunting. That'll change soon.

I'm staying the final two weeks so I can leave on good terms. Not sure why I should, except that it just seems like the right thing to do. I really have nothing against my employer, it's my own damn fault for tolerating the intolerable and not leaving sooner.

I have no bird news to report.



Sometimes I put on music while I'm with the babies. Judging by her response this might be Lucy's favorite song. Got a big smile out of her anyway.

The question is, what would Jane Goodall do?

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger birdchaser said...

Good luck! Hope it all works out great for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home