Monday, August 27, 2007

Unemployment Jitters and Better Days Ahead

It was after 11pm when I left the store tonight. End of a long stressful shift - mobs of back-to-school shoppers and 9 hours without a single break. Lightning was flashing and thunder rumbling as I drove home.

By the end of the week I'll be unemployed, which means I won't have to wear pants anymore. I'll spend my days lying in the recliner, remote in hand, eating honey-roasted peanuts off my chest. Can't wait. Maybe I should go stock up on beer before the money runs out.

Michelle doesn't like it when I say things like that. The lazy gene runs in my family, and she worries that it may lie dormant in me. She's afraid that joblessness could allow my inner deadbeat to emerge. Maybe I can start a drug addiction.

All kidding aside, I think I'll find work fairly quickly. I just hope I'm not wrong about that. Either way, I'll be keeping the pants.

I see a bright future ahead. As Bob Marley would say "don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing gonna be all right." And yes, I know he was smoking dope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home