Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Not My Usual Blog

Well I got transferred again, this time to Port Arthur, and now I'll be doing almost exclusively graveyard shifts. I'll have to get used to sleeping during the day.

The backyard is awash in leaves. Birdwise I don't have much news. The neotropicals are mostly out, the kinglets are mostly in, and things are generally quiet. I saw a Prothonotary Warbler at Tyrell Park a couple of days ago. Like a living flash of gold.

Tonight there were three geckos at my bathroom window. That's one more than I usually see there. I'm sure that means something.

These have been strange days, October days.

Darkness in the morning
Shadows on the land
Certain individuals
Aren't sticking to the plan...

Warren Zevon again. Sounds like a description of life on the graveyard shift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home