Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Breaking News...Generalissimo Francisco Franco is Still Dead

...And the Ivory-billed Woodpecker is still extinct. Since the undiscovery in Arkansas over 11,600 messages have been posted over at Birdforum on the subject of Ivory-billed Woodpeckers. Everything that can be said on this topic has been said...repeatedly. Even Tom Nelson of the Ivory-bill Skeptic blog has gotten bored. Now he's on a crusade to debunk global warming alarmism. I sincerely hope he's right, because where I live it's already warmed up quite enough.

Reminds me of this bit of cartoon wisdom from "King of the Hill":

Dale: "I say let the world warm up. See what Boutros Boutros Ghali Ghali thinks about that! We'll grow oranges in Alaska."
Hank: "Dale, you giblet-head, we live in Texas. It's already 110 in the summer, and if it gets one degree hotter, I'm gonna kick your ass!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home