Monday, March 22, 2004

Spring Is In The Air...

Ah...spring is in the air. Warm weather is back, birds are singing, grass is growing, flowers are blooming, mosquitoes are hatching...

Right now the azaleas along my driveway are in full bloom - a short-lived but glorious show of color. There's a pair of Brown Thrashers hanging around the yard and an American Goldfinch just visited my feeder. Life is good.

Yesterday, on my way back to Houston, I made a brief stop at High Island. It's still early in the season, and there seemed to be more birders than birds in the woods. Best sightings: a slightly out-of-place Pileated Woodpecker; a Yellow-throated Warbler near the entrance gate; and a pair of Prothonotary Warblers. Can't wait for April!

Work on the house continues. I recently got new vinyl windows, and Troy and I ripped out the old linoleum, which has been replaced with ceramic tile. I hope to finish painting the guest bedroom before going back to work tomorrow night.

Best news of all, love is in the air... Well it is springtime in Texas, after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home