Sunday, November 16, 2003

Back To Normal

Yesterday morning I got off my last graveyard shift. Came home and cleaned out the gutters, went out and bought some CDs, had dinner at Bennigan's...didn't get to bed until late in the evening. By then I could hardly keep my eyes open.

I awoke in the dark this morning with the thunder booming and the rain pounding on the roof. I could hear the thunder and rain off and on until I finally got up to survey the damage. Water had pooled against the front door. Fortunately I had cleaned the leaves out of the gutters the day before. Good planning or serendipity.

...Or you could be the one who takes the long way home
Roll down your window, turn off your phone
See your life as a gift from the great unknown
And your task is to receive it
Tell your kid a story, hold your lover tight
Make a joyful noise, swim naked at night
Read a poem a day, call in well sometimes
And laugh when they believe it - Mary Chapin-Carpenter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home